326 Galvez Street
Stanford CA 94305
Abstract Submission is NOW CLOSED
Abstract submission is now closed. Click here for authors access to paper submission etc.. Abstract submission closed on Tuesday 16 October 2018.
Registration is now OPEN
Program will update as we construct the program as papers are submitted.
The goals of the conference are to bring together engineers, scientists and managers involved in geothermal reservoir studies and developments; provide a forum for the exchange of ideas on the exploration, development and use of geothermal resources; and to enable prompt and open reporting of progress. We strongly encourage all scientists and engineers involved in geothermal reservoir technology to attend the workshop.
Papers will be presented on recent research relating to geothermal reservoirs including:
- Case Studies: reservoir response to production, effects of injection, scaling characteristics
- Enhanced Geothermal Systems (EGS): current and future activities
- Engineering Techniques: reservoir simulation, empirical methods, well tests, tracers
- Field Management: strategies for exploitation, injection, scale inhibition
- Exploration: geophysics, geochemistry, geology, heat flow studies, outflows
- Drilling and Well Bore Flows: well stimulation, bore flow modeling, hydro-fracturing, scaling
- Low Enthalpy Systems: applications of heat pumps, hot dry rock technology
- Geosciences: application of geophysics, geochemistry, thermodynamics and fluid mechanics.
Papers accepted for presentation and/or publication are produced on a standard template that we supply. The papers will be available as a Proceedings CD at the Workshop and subsequently published in the online collection.
Continuing Education Unit (CEU)
CEU is a nationally recognized standard for documenting completion of noncredit continuing education programs. Stanford Geothermal Workshop is approved for 2 CEU Hours. Processing time is typically 1-2 weeks after the end of the workshop. The transcript will be sent as a soft copy to the email address listed on the registration.
Processing Fee for Continuing Education Units (2 CEU Hours) $100.00
Sign up for CEU when you register for the workshop.
We invite companies and sponsors to offer financial support for the workshop. Contributions from sponsors allow us to keep the registration fee modest; we charge about the same or less than most geothermal conferences, and also include lunches, a reception and a dinner. This permits more people to attend, especially students and international participants. Sponsors will receive acknowledgement in the opening sessions, workshop literature and the proceedings. "Named" events, e.g. lunches or the reception, are also possible. Please contact Prof. Roland Horne for more information about becoming a sponsor.